Believe me when I tell you . . .

I am lost, and you are, too. If you don't know that you are lost, then I am a little less lost than you, for at least I know that I do not know where I am, whereas you persist in striding confidently from you-know-not-where into you-know-not-what.

It is only when we recognize our essential lostness that we come to see that much finding is shamming, most security is trickery, for there is no shame in not knowing, only shame in falsity.



Sunday, February 11, 2007

Well, this is the first time I have ever tried this -- I have always thought blogs to be the natural result of too much time and introspection intersecting with the conviction that others must find my own navel-lint as riveting as I do.


However, having been set on this course by my techonology class, and being determined that I will take maximum advantage of the education I am paying so dearly to receive, I am resolute that I will pursue this blogging thing to the bitter end, or until I get bored, whichever comes first.


It also occurs to me that it would serve as a convenient platform for my friends and loved ones (should they have the time or inclination) to check up on my doings, thus saving me the effort of emailing each and every one of them every time I discovered a new ball of fuzz trapped twixt my abdomen hairs.

2 comments:

Kerryn said...

In case you have a future with the navel lint concept, here is some inspiration: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1167103.htm

FYI - Andrew Denton is one of the cleverest people in Australia and rivals the UK's Michael Parkinson when it comes to interviewing.

THE QUINTESSENCE OF MAXNESS said...

As i think i mentioned, i intend to read and comment on every one of your blog posts -- i intend to do this all in 2009 -- i don't know how much i ought to require myself to write -- i suspect that eventually (should i write enough) it will shut me off and i won't be able to write any more -- i don't think that i'll be writing that much in response to this first post, but who knows -- i just sort of seem to be going and going on and on without seeming to have a point at all -- i would like to (more toward having a point) note that i enjoyed this post, especially the navel lint metaphor -- i think that's enough for now